FLA Releases Enhanced Code of Conduct & Compliance BenchmarksPosted: June 21, 2011 | |
Earlier today, FLA held a live stakeholder webinar to announce its enhanced Workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks. Approved by the FLA Board of Directors on June 14, the revised Code strengthens protection of workers’ rights and reflects lessons learned during implementation of the former Code over the past decade. Enhancements include:
- Requirements to establish human resource management policies and procedures along the entire factory employment lifecycle, from recruitment and hiring to terms and conditions of employment, administration of compensation, work rules and discipline, and termination and retrenchment.
- A limit for regular weekly hours of work.
- A requirement that employers, working with the FLA, take appropriate actions that seek to progressively realize a level of compensation that meets workers’ basic needs and provides some discretionary income.
- Mitigation of negative impacts that the workplace has on the environment.
Please click here to review the following materials:
- The complete 2011 Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks.
- A summary of revisions to the Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks.
- FAQs about the enhanced Code and Benchmarks.